Occupational Disease or Illness
Queens, New York, Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Occupational Disease or Illness | Cancer | Heart Disease | Exposure to Toxic Substances | Post Traumatic Stress Disorder | Mental Illness
Have you been exposed to toxins or other substances on the job?
Have you developed an illness because of something in your work environment?
Has your job caused PTSD, depression or some other mental disorder?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may be able to pursue workers’ compensation benefits for lost wages or required medical treatment. An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer can take charge of the exacting claims process, represent you at administrative hearings and help you obtain the cash and medical benefits to which you are entitled.
Protecting Your Legal Rights When You Have an Occupational Illness
At the Queens law firm of Pyrros & Serres LLP, our attorneys and staff handle all matters related to workers’ compensation claims based on occupational disease or illness.
Our firm represents individuals who have contracted work-related medical conditions, including, but not limited to:
- Lung or skin cancer, including squamous cell carcinoma
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, reactive airway dysfunction syndrome, toxic inhalation or occupational asthma
- Rashes, infections or other dermatological conditions
- Mental illness, including post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety disorder, or depression
- Heart attack, congestive heart failure or stroke
- Vision and hearing loss
Our attorneys can get involved in your claim at any stage from filing the initial application, assisting you, if your claim was denied, helping you get benefits reinstated, if the insurance company stopped payments before you were able to return to work.